Thursday, August 31, 2006

Charles Barkley, Real Time with Bill Maher, You Tube Video Treat, Daily Eye Candy

How's it going Blogger Friends? I dont have much to talk about today, but I did want to comment a bit on basket ball great Charles Barkley's interview coming up Sunday night on the Fox SportsNet show, "CMI: The Chris Meyers Interview". The former NBA MVP, who is considering running as a Democratic candidate for governor in his home state of Alabama, believes Republicans have screwed up the country and is "struggling with my idea of what religion is." Barkley was a Republican until recently, saying he switched parties when the Republicans "lost their minds." He said he is troubled by some of the actions of people in the United States in the name of religion. "Religious people in general are so discriminatory against other people, and that really disturbs me," he said. "My idea of religion is we all love and respect. We all sin, but we still have common decency and respect for other people. So right now I'm struggling with my idea of what religion is." He also said he supports gay marriage. "I think if they want to get married, God bless them," Barkley said. I am not sure what qualifications Barkley brings to the table, but I sure support his ideals. I think we need more people in government that are more interested in what is right, than in what is politically correct.


Speaking of politically incorrect, one of my favorite shows, "Real Time with Bill Maher", is premiering it's new season a week from tomorrow. If you dont get HBO, you are missing a fantastic commentary show, with an admittedly Liberal bent. What I like best about the show, is it is generally very truthful in it's delivery and portrayal and will take on the Democrats and their blunders as well as the Republicans. Bill fills his weekly panel with a good cross section of "right" and "left" proponants, and there is usually some great debate going on, with Maher's perfect sense of sarcasm and wit.


I was doing my usual You Tube surfing, when I came across this awesome video about the hottest couple on Wisteria Lane at "Desparate Housewives". No not, Susan and Mike.........mmmmmmmmm dreamy Ryan Carnes and Shawn Pyfrom, Andrew and Justin. And it's set to awesome music by Cascada..........Enjoy............



And if that wasn't enough Eye Candy for one day, we do have our daily dose, found today on blogger friends, Proceed At Your Own Risk........Enjoy .....GG


1 comments:

Anonymous

Oh I totally agree, the desperate housewives couple of Andrew and Justin are just too cute. Its one of the largest persuasive reasons now why I watch Desp Housewives lol!

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008