Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wicked and Bewildered from Musical to Music Machine "American Idol"

A couple of friends and I went to beautiful downtown Pittsburgh, PA a few weeks back to take in the touring production of "Wicked." For the few gay among us and our str8 mates who don't know what I am talking about, Wicked is based on The Wizard of Oz, and is a prequel about the lives of Glinda the Good Witch and the Wicked Witch of the West, as they were growing up. Sure it was a good book, and the musical was great, but the real reason I went was just because of Idina Menzel, who played the Wicked Witch, and I have had a "chick I'd switch for," crush on her, since she starred in RENT. Of course she wasn't in the touring production, but I felt closer to her knowing that I had seen the musical she won a "Tony" For, (I know I really am the "Gay" Guru.) Well, the production was fabulous, and I really loved the show stopping number "Defying Gravity," that is sung by the Wicked Witch. I decided to check it out today in You Tube, to see if I could get lucky, and "WOO HOO" it was there. I thought I would share this with you here. Unfortunately, for every "over the rainbow" moment that is a great musical song, someone does have to come along to butcher it up. So I also am letting you see this sad rendition of "cute for trying," gay boy, who doesnt quite know how to carry a tune. I laughed, I cried, YOU be the judge, and I SWEAR its not me....lol.


As for American Idol last night, I hate when it gets down to the final 6 like this, because America frankly, scares me. I love the cuteness and down home of the "Pickler," but even SHE wouldn't have voted for herself after Tuesday's mangled rendition of "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered." To put Kelly in the top 4 and Chris Daugherty in the bottom 3, is just a crime. I honestly was glad to see Ace go, it was his time, and he has a voice made for acting more anyway. Kelly would have been safe in the bottom 3, and I hope America starts voting for merit over cute!! There, I said it, hope the hate mail isn't too bad.
I have updated almost every page on the website, except for the new fashion/grooming page. Go check it out here. Let me know what you think, and check back here and there often for updates. I have decided until I can afford to get someone to help me with the website, I will be updating the website twice a month, around the 1st and 15th of each month. Have a great night friends...talk soon..........GG

0 comments:

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008