Monday, April 24, 2006

Avenue Q writes Dear Mr. Jay Leno, Subscribing to Blog

Hey Bloggers, hope the week is starting off great for you. First thing to talk about today is a post I found at "Queerty.com", featuring an open letter to Jay Leno. It is written by Jeff Whitty, author and playright of Avenue Q. It is a very powerful letter and I love seeing strong queer personalities, calling people to the carpet in the name of all of us GLBT family. I am not sure if I entirely agree that Mr. Leno is homophobic, in fact, I doubt that is true at all, but there is a point to be made as to how much is too much laughing AT the GLBT community, instead of laughing WITH us. I am going to forward this over to Ross Mathews, the once-upon-a-time, Tonight Show intern, who is now a bonafide star himself with his own blog and everything. I am sure he will be able to enlighten us and his own blog community, with I visit every day. There has been a bit of press lately about can the gay community take a joke, and have the jokes gone too far. If you have time, please make your comments here about gay jokes. You think they have gone too far, or we just need to laugh at ourselves and the world more?
I also want to let you know that if you haven't noticed it yet, we have a new link to subscribe to this blog in whatever blog reader you subscribe to. All you have to do is click on the link to the left in blue that says subscribe. This will take you to a page to sign up at any blog reader you currently have, it has over 10 options to choose from. That way, you can get your daily dose of THE GAY GURU, delivered to your email everytime there is a new update to this blog. Of course, I do hope you will keep checking us out here as often as you can, and checking out the website over at www.TheGayGuru.net. The more you visit, the more we will be able to get advertisers to advertise with us to keep us afloat and keep getting better and better content for our GLBT community, our family, and our friends. Have a great week and talk soon....GG

2 comments:

biscuit

GG,
I have to say BRAVO to jeff.. his letter was well written and oh so true..
I personally am so sick of the "brokeback" parody jokes, that whenever jay, or conan, or dave or craig does one.. I just change the channel. Good on him for writing the letter.. I hope he gets a response.. keep us posted in ross-o-rama.. peace,
biscuit

The Gay Guru

Thanx for the comments, I also dont believe Jay Leno is homophobic, and think Rosie O'Donnell has as much as said so, but it does bring up an interesting point of discussion. When are too many jokes with gays as the punchline, too much and degrading. I thought it was a heartfelt letter from Mr. Whitty, but maybe should have been directed to the late night comics at large.

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008